Thursday, April 2, 2009

And...... It's My Time

Last week, I performed my teaching practice. Unfortunatelly, Mr.Prast had a meeting, so that he could not come to the class at 14.00 p.m. Yeah it was an extraordinary experience, I had to teach my own friends.. I felt nervous little bit, and sometimes I lost my words to be spoken. My topic was Expressing Surprise. I tried to give a "warming up", in order to grab my friends' attention. I explained first, and then I asked my students (my own friends) to make a mini role play. Actually, I was different to the activity that I planned in my lesson plan. I decided to make a role play, because I thought that I would be nice and more interesting for the students.
Unfortunately, I had not finished yet my students' performances. I think, I had given too long time to the students to plan their role play. Yeah....
Now, I can learn from my experience, that I still have so many weaknesses in my teaching performance.
Two of my friends who were pointed as my observers. They said that I could not manage time well. I did not go around the class effectivelly when the students had group meetings.
However, my observers said that I was funny and enthusiastic, so that the students did not feel bored. The activity of the class was interesting.

Yeah...... for the next teaching practice, I must try to be better..............

No comments:

Post a Comment